Bra/ Dressmaking/ Knickers

The Cloning of a Bra

I was having a little trouble with my bra just lately, the underwire was trying to make a break for freedom, so on examining what I would needed to do in order to repair it I thought ‘just how difficult can it be to clone one that I know fits me well?’


I set to and carefully unpicked all the parts from just one side of the bra being very careful to remove the stitching only and not to cut into the fabric, this took me a good hour to do. I carefully pressed each bra piece and copied it to a paper pattern.  

P1090628 P1090630 P1090631

Using lace and a firm powernet I placed and cut each pattern piece in the correct orientation on the fabrics – the stretch goes around the body! I used both the sewing machine and the overlocker to construct the pieces together, carefully pressing between each stage. I used a lovely picot edged lingerie elastics, boning channeling for the underwires and finished it off with a bow – of course!

I have now made 3 altogether and along with a pair of matching briefs I was utterly pleased with my achievement!!

P1090638 P1090632


You Might Also Like